An administrative warning is a “non-public” matter. It is non-disciplinary. This means that:
- It is not reported to the National Practictioner’s Data Bank.
- It is not posted on the New York State Department of Health’s Physicians’ Profiles website.
- It is not reported to hospitals where the physician has admitting privileges.
- It is not reported to insurance companies or HMOs in which the physician is a participating provider.
- A physician may affirm under oath that s/he has never been disciplined.
- The Board will confirm to anyone who inquires that the physician has not been disciplined.
This informational blog post was brought to you by Paul E. Walker, an experienced New York City OPMC & OPD Lawyer.