Representing Clients with New York Medical License Issues
Walker Medical Law focuses on representing physicians, nurses, physical therapists, dentists, chiropractors, physician assistants, pharmacists, psychologists, and all other healthcare providers. Our firm is honored to be a legal resource for medical professionals across New York. Over the years, we have developed and celebrate an esteemed reputation driven by results and experience. Some of the common issues that impact a medical professional’s future include billing fraud, sexual misconduct, insurance fraud, medical license revocation and restoration, and substance abuse.
Some of the many cases Walker Medical Law handles include:
- Investigations conducted by the Department of Health and the Offices of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC) and the Department of Education, Office of Professional Discipline (OPD).
- Individual healthcare providers in disciplinary proceedings with their employers.
- Healthcare providers who need to pursue the restoration of a previously revoked license.
- Physicians in financial disputes with Medicare, Medicaid and other HMO organizations regarding their billing for services.
- Healthcare professionals facing medical malpractice allegations
- Healthcare professionals found without insurance.
These matters are serious and deserve the attention of an effective attorney. Your livelihood is at stake. Contact Walker Medical Law for a consultation.
Professional Medical Conduct Defense – OPMC and OPD
Our experienced medical license defense attorneys focus on representing physicians in a wide variety of investigations and disciplinary proceedings commenced by the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (“OPMC”), a branch of the Department of Health of the State of New York. This is a serious matter as the license of the physician is often in jeopardy. – MORE
Medical Malpractice Defense
Our firm represents hospitals and physicians from all specialties in actions involving allegations of medical malpractice. We also represent dentists, podiatrists, physician assistants, nurses, physical therapists and many other kinds of health care professionals who face allegations of medical malpractice. – MORE
HMO, Medicare, Medicaid Audit Protection
HMO’s and the government are routinely auditing physician billing records in an attempt to recover money paid. If you are audited, get a legal team on your side to challenge the validity of the audit. This will put you in the best position to minimize the damage or avoid it altogether. – MORE
Uninsured Physician Defense
Being named as a defendant in a medical malpractice lawsuit is never something that a doctor wants to endure. However, when you usually send the papers to your malpractice insurance company, the company assigns your defense to a law firm, and the company pays the legal bills for your defense, not having insurance make a complex matter troublesome. – MORE