How Can the Committee Doctor Help During Substance Abuse

If you have a substance abuse issue, you should get in contact with, and enroll in, the Committee on Physician Health. They are an agency set up to help you overcome a substance problem. If you do what you want you to do and go to their meetings and have yourself tested on a random basis, they will then advocate for you, and come to a hearing and say that they feel you are still fit to practice medicine.

If you do not get into that program and you have a substance abuse problem and the state finds out first, then you may have your license suspended immediately. Then you have a long row to how to get back into practice. It is much more favorable to get with Committee on Physician Health immediately, because then you very well might be able to stay in practice, even though you are monitored for a long period of time, usually for five years.

This informational blog post was brought to you by Paul E. Walker, an experienced New York Substance Abuse Attorney.